Sunday, June 5, 2011

Baarish

It rained that evening. First rains of the season. Had reached mumbai just that morning. The cool air bringing up the petrichor, making its way into me as I breathed. Like I was breathing us. Taking me back to the time we discovered each other. It was a rainy day like that. Magical. Perfect. A meeting preordained. Hitting me out of nowhere. Friday's rain brought that feeling back. Refreshing it. Hadnt missed you like this in days. Getting caught up in life is easy. Burying one's secret desires. Forgetting the past. 'Bahut muskhil ho rahi hai' the words poured into an sms. Did they speak to you? Before they disappeared?

A tender hello, a gushing breath, a heartbeat skipped when you called. Just before you boarded. Telling me that i was on your mind. Just like you where on mine.

I'm holding on to you in my head. Passing through those once familiar streets doesn't make it any easier. They're charmless for me with you gone.
Am waiting now, hoping I see you soon. Till then these words and the pictures in my head keep me company.

No comments: