Friday, July 29, 2011

I will listen

I will listen

I will not be sarcastic

The tone of my voice will be happy, balanced
It will not be resentful or suspicious
It will not be needy or expecting

I will not offer my opinion or point of view till he is done talking even if I want to contradict what he is saying.

Even if what he has to say is breaking my heart, I will remain calm and composed. I will listen patiently.

Once he is done talking, I will take a moment to evaluate my response. I will not be impulsive, immature in my response. I will be dignified.

If he says he doesn’t love me anymore, I will ask him for his reasons. But I will graciously accept.

If he says he is in love with someone else, I will ask him why? I will tell him that I have not loved anyone else other than him. But I will graciously accept his decision.

If he says he missed me, I will tell him I missed him too. Though I tried so hard not to.

No comments: